Screen #1 – Historical Load
The objective of the historical load graph is multiple:
- Showing the development of the future load in the past (trend-line)
- Showing the development of the capacity in the past
- Showing the completed flow of work (we call this output)
- Select “Historical Load” tab in the left top corner of the Graphs page.
The output of the graph at the same moment graduates by four groups: On Schedule(color in blue), Attention(colored in green), Urgent (yellow) and Overdue(red).
The visualized graph with two axes “Date” and “FTE” (Full-time equivalent) will contain historical information for all selected Resource groups from the “Resource Groups” list area to the right from the graph itself.
History of the graph is presented by next three composing graphs lines:
- CAPACITY line, a blue one, indicates expected output from the team based on availability and working hours for each team member.
- LOAD, a red one, indicates the workload of your selected teams over time at the particular period of time.
- OUTPUT, a light-blue one, is an indication of produced output by the team(s).
As additional element we have
- READY TO START dashed line which indicates amount of the tasks which were in “Ready to start” stage at the defined day.
At the same moment Output is divided into next subgroups:
On schedule – blue color
Attention – green color
Urgent – yellow color
Overdue – red color
which does mean an urgency of the task accomplished at that period of time.
To set a period for the graphs data representation you can:
- set start and end date right in the appropriate date pickers, located in the left top corner.
- in opposition to that, you can drag left or right corners in the bottom graph representation.
In that way, you can be more concentrated on those graph’s peeks or periods which you are interested in.
To refine Graph’s data for any particular Resource group(s), select appropriate items from the list “Resource groups”, located to the right from the Graph itself.
Screen #2 – Future Load
The objective of the future load graph is telling the user if one or more resources are over- or under-loaded in the future in accordance to the active projects in Pipeline. If someone gets overloaded, you have an assumed bottleneck that will not be able to create the flow of work that is demanded. It helps management to take control of resource planning and predict the impact of additional projects on the resource load.
- Select “Future Load” tab in the left top corner of the Graphs page.
The visualized graph with two axes “Date” and “FTE” (Full-time equivalent) will contain information for all selected Resource groups or Users from the “Resource Groups” list area to the right from the graph itself.
History of the graph is presented by next Load line and when we have it above x-axis system indicates overload for the particular resource group.
In case if graph line is located bellow x axis we can say for sure that particular resource group is not loaded enough.