Task List Is a feature of Epicflow that guides your team to work faster and smarter across multiple projects by suggesting the best approach order for the tasks fulfillment.
It brings high priority tasks to the top showing if the deadlines are met or indicating task’s delay by the amount of days. Task List allows you to see if your team members will be able to make it to the deadline and which tasks require special attention.
- To go to the “Task List” page you need to select third menu item from the top – TASK LIST.
Screen #1 – Tasks List
Meaning of the Tasks Priority
Task priority is defined by amount of Remaining work and time left for it’s accomplishment till next milestone in accordance to the Top Critical Chain in which this task is included.
The highest task’s priority in the Task List tells you about feasibility(delivery) of the task.
Screen #2– Task Priorities
Priorities are visualized by means of numbers from zero to one hundred and more. The following numbers will help you instantly get information on which projects are badly in need of closer attention.
0 – 50 indicate that you’ll most likely deliver the project on time according to your plan
80 implies that your project still has a 20% buffer, so you’ll most likely make to the deadline
100 shows that you will deliver the project on time, but you don’t have a buffer for it, so on-time delivery is possible only in case you don’t depart from the plan
101 means there’s one day delay, so you won’t be able to deliver the project on time even if you follow the plan
> 100 will warn you for how many days your project gets delayed. Each additional point indicates a day in project delay.
By hovering over the Task’s Priority, with Priority higher than 100, Epicflow will display how many days we are late for today. In addition chain of tasks contributed to priority is displayed as well in pop-up message to the right from cursor.
Screen #3– Chain Contributed to Priority
Task List elements
This part will contain general description of elements and actions which can be performed at Task List page. However, it’s not the whole list and please refer to separate topic of wiki for detailed information on each action.
- To change set of displayed columns and set your personal view, press “gear” icon and select appropriate one items which you would like to add or remove from the page.
Screen #4– Task List – Adding new columns
Faded columns such as “Task Priority”, “Project Name”, “Task name”, “Stage” etc are obligatory for the representation and you cannot hide them from the page. Description of all columns is granted bellow.
- Press “Export tasks to CSV” button, located at the bottom of the page, to export all tasks to the csv file.
Screen #5– Task List – Export tasks to CSV
- To change assigned Group for the task press right mouse button at the page area and select “Change Group for this task” element of context menu. Type in Group’s name or select such from the appeared drop-down list.
Screen #6– Task List – Change Group for the task
- To change assigned Resource for the task press right mouse button at the page area and select “Change Resource for this task” element of context menu. Type in Resource’s name or select such from the appeared drop-down list.
Screen #6– Task List – Add resource to the task
- To assign to multiple tasks
- press right mouse button at the page area and select “Assign to multiple tasks” element of context menu.
- Set criteria to filter out all tasks and shrink the scope of tasks to which will be applied multiple assignment action
- Set checkbox for those tasks for which we would like to perform multiple assignment and apply changes
Screen #6– Task List – Assign to multiple tasks
- To remove Resource for the task press right mouse button at the page area and select “Remove Resource” element of context menu.
Screen #7– Task List – Remove resources
- Task Priority is the first column and it is visualized with the help of numbers.The value of the element starts with 0 and goes up to any positive value. Starting from 100, however, each additional point indicates days of project delay in a chain of tasks.
- Project Name column is the description of the project the task belongs to.
- Parent Path is the field which contains summary description if such is applicable.
- Task Name indicates the task name accordingly.
- Tags indicates tags of the task
- Stage column identifies whether the tasks are
- Not estimated
- Ready to start
- Not ready to start
You can filter the task list accordingly using Stage dropdown.
- In Progress Status
- Not in progress
- In progress
- On hold
- Resource Group column points to the group of resources the task should be accomplished by.
- Resource Name is a column that sorts the names of employees that did or will do the tasks respectively. By pressing on the task with the right button of your mouse, you’ll see a drop-down with the help of which you’ll be able to:
- Change resource for this task.
- Change group for this task.
- Assign to multiple tasks.
- Date of First Milestone and Name of First Milestone columns are for the indication of next going milestone for the tasks chain starting from the current task.
- Remaining is the number of man hours left to accomplish the task. You can modify this number, but please note that it will change the number of Spent man hours or Total.
- Spent is the number of man hours that a resource has already burned to accomplish the task.
- Total is the sum of Remaining and Spent man hours.
- Budget Name column is used for identification of the budget tasks.
- Project Id – Project Id in external system
- Task Id – task’s ID in external system.
- Project Manager – manager of the project if such is specified from external system or in Epicflow
- Team Lead Engineer * (Custom field) – Team Lead Engineer field which can be used with MS Project integration by usage of the custom field “Text 21”.
- Info Field 1 * (Custom field) – field which can be used with MS Project integration by usage of the custom field “Text 22”.
- Info Field 2 * (Custom field) – field which can be used with MS Project integration by usage of the custom field “Text 23”.
* Naming of those Custom fields can be adjusted accordingly to your need at the system configuration side. Please communicate to Functional Application Manager with such request to proceed.
- Phases – identify phase to which task does belong
- Description – contains description of the task
- Comment – comments added by engineers in Epicflow system
Epicflow also provides possibility to organize your Task List page for more convenient and target oriented information representation which suits your requests.
That can be achieved through selection or hiding different columns,for representation or placing them in specific order or resizing them accordingly.
Screen #8 – Task List – View selection Adjustment